Kindergarten Emphasized Skills
Counting and Cardinality
- Know number names and count sequence.
- Count to tell the number of objects.
- Compare numbers.
Operations and Algebraic Thinking
- Understand addition as putting together and adding to, and understand subtraction as taking apart and taking from.
- Number and Operations in Base Ten
- Work with numbers 11-19 to gain foundations for place value.
- Identify and describe shapes.
- Analyze, compare, create, and compose shapes.
Measurement and Data
- Describe and compare measurable attributes.
- Classify objects in categories.
Overview of Units:
- Add and subtract within 5