Mr. Michael Sinacore, School Social Worker


You are welcome to call at any time for support or resources. 

HPE: 865-8151
GWF 865-5721
A school social worker is:
  • A trained professional who works with students, teachers and parents to promote student success.
  • Liaison between teachers, parents, students, administrators and the community.

School social workers:

  • Provide support to students having difficulties with social, emotional and behavioral adjustments.
  • Provide individual and group counseling.
  • Provide crisis intervention.
  • Link students and families to community resources/agencies.
  • Advocate for students, parents, teachers and schools.
  • Work as part of a multidisciplinary team to develop programs for children.
  • Promote regular school attendance.
  • Conduct home visits.
  • Provide case management services to students and families.
  • Conduct assessment of student/family needs.
  • Conduct classroom observations.
  • Provide parent education.
  • Meet with parents to discuss concerns about their child and/or family situation.

The school social worker provides help to:

  • Students
  • Parents
  • Teachers/Administrators

A student or parent can make an appointment to see the school social worker through:

  • Parental request
  • Teacher/school staff referral

A variety of counseling services are available for elementary students including individual and group counseling:

  • The groups that are available address anger management, self-control issues, divorce, etc.
  • Referrals for any counseling services can be made by parents, teachers or other school staff.
  • Parental permission is needed for a child to participate.