CBT Essential Tech Skills
CBT Essential Student Tech Skills
- Keyboard/type at a rate sufficient for testing. (Recommendation is 25+ words per minute (WPM) in order to complete responses on timed tests.)
- Use basic key functions: space bar, return/enter, shift, arrows, delete, backspace, tab.
- Use numbers and punctuation keys.
- Compose a response while typing.
Mouse and Trackpad Maneuverability
- Use the mouse or trackpad to point to an area or word on screen.
- Use the mouse or trackpad clicking options: left click, right click, and double click.
- Use the mouse or trackpad to highlight and select text.
- Use the mouse or trackpad to manipulate selected text: cut, copy, paste.
- Use the mouse or trackpad to select an object or window by clicking on it.
- Use the mouse or trackpad to move a selected object or window by clicking and dragging to new location.
- Use the mouse or trackpad to open/close a pop-up window.
- Use the mouse or trackpad to scroll horizontally and vertically using the scroll button.
- Use the screen navigation commands (previous/next).
- Navigate screen tabs.
- Manipulate windows to utilize split screen functionality.
- Student should become familiar with all the available tools in Nextera. (Nextera is the testing platform)
- ELA: zoom, bookmark, note, highlighter, answer eliminator, line reader
- Math: zoom, bookmark, note, reference, highlighter, answer eliminator, scientific calculator (grades 6-8), ruler, protractor
- Use the undo and redo operations.
- Student should become familiar with how to “Review and Submit” the test.