Become a Library Volunteer!
Library Volunteers help Mrs. Hiffa and Mrs. Horwat with basic library work. The rewards of being a volunteer are that you will gain valuable work experience and will have the satisfaction of knowing that you are contributing to the library and lending a helping hand. But as an added bonus, you will get to choose a free book from our prize book collection after every 500 minutes of work volunteering! We also anticipate having some Library Volunteer special get-togethers during lunch time occasionally.
Tasks include (but are not limited to):
- Helping to organize an escape room
- Cleanup and setup for events and programs
- Shelving books *
- Maintaining order on the bookshelves *
- Stamping books and other book-processing tasks
- Cutting paper and alphabetizing
- Delivering books to the office for Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
- Finding books from a list on the shelves
- Hanging up posters
- Charging devices
- Helping with decision-making (advice)
- Administering surveys to students
- Helping students find books and use OPALS
Tasks with an asterisk (*) require special training, and only certified helpers can complete these tasks.
We hope you will join our team of volunteers! See Mrs. Horwat for more information or to sign up!