Dear Parents of 8th grade students,
This year your child has an opportunity to attend the 8th grade camping trip scheduled for May 31, June 1 and 2. The camping trip has been part of our culture for many years and is a great experience for our students before entering high school.
In order to be eligible for the trip students must demonstrate that they have followed the code of conduct. Participation is based on a point system where each student must earn 660 points. The points system will be based on points accumulated in marking periods 1, 2 and 3.
- Passing ELA, Math, Science, Social Studies, LOTE and Technology with a D or better each marking period. Each course will be given 20 points and a student has the potential to earn a total of 360 points for this section.
- All students who follow the code of conduct will receive 100 points per quarter. Points will be deducted from the 100 for the following dispositions:
- OSS-100 point deduction per incident
- ISS-50 point deduction per incident
- Detention-20 point deduction per incident
- Each student earning a B- or better in their Physical Education class will earn 50 points per quarter.
- Students who show 1 overall letter grade improvement per quarter will receive an additional 10 points.
With this point system each student has the potential to earn 810 points and to be eligible to attend the camping trip you must earn 660 points. Any student not reaching 660 points at the time of the trip will be reviewed by the committee and administration on a case by case basis. The Holland Patent Middle School also reserves all rights to determine individual eligibility for the trip regardless of the points accumulated.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions. Our goal is for all students to attend. Therefore, we ask that all eighth graders make good choices and become eligible for this educational and exciting experience. The bottom of this page must be signed and returned to Mr. Riemenschneider, committee member, by September 29, 2017.Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions. Our goal is for all students to attend. Therefore, we ask that all eighth graders make good choices and remain eligible for this educational and exciting experience.