FRENCH 201 Time Line (2017-2018)
Unit 1: L’enfance September 7- October 20
Speaking and Writing Focus for this unit will be the present indicative and present subjunctive tenses and adjective agreement.
- Une abominable feuille d’érable sur la glace (Roch Carrier)
- Joachim a des ennuis (Sempé et Goscinny)
- Le Petit Nicolas- Story of choice (together read w/ a writing and speaking task added to end the unit)
Unit 2: L’épouvante et la magie October 23- November 21
Speaking and Writing focus for this unit will be on the passé composé and imperfect tenses and the past subjunctive. All object pronouns and prepositional (disjunctive/stress) pronouns, y and en can also be highlighted in this unit.
- L’Allumette (Charles Louis-Phillipe)
- Le Stylo (Gérard Sire)
Unit 3: La Guerre et la Paix November 27 – December 22
Speaking and Writing focus for this unit will be on the faire causatif, comparative and superlative expressions, adverbs, and negatives. . Adverbs of time, place and manner should be introduced and used in speaking and in writing tasks for this unit.
- La Dernière Classe (Alphonse Daudet)
- Poème à analyser : Le Dormeur du val (Arthur Rimbaud)
- La Marseillaise : une étude des mots
- Film: Entre Les Murs
REVIEW AND EXAM PREPARATION January 2 – January 19
Speaking and Writing focus for this unit will include a quick review of all perfect tenses, how to use the past participle as an adjectives. All object pronouns, y and en should be an added focus.
- La Déclaration de l’amour (Jean Fougère) or another story/stories
- FINAL EXAMINATION FRENCH 201