Argument Research and Writing
1. Title: America’s unique gun violence problem, explained in 17 maps and charts
Directions: Take your time surfing the charts. This should take at least 10 minutes. Select one chart that you found particularly interesting. Study that chart and answer the following:
1. What does the chart say?
2. What does the chart NOT say?
3. Who/What is the source?
4. Who is the intended audience?
5. What is the big idea that emerged from looking closely at this chart?
Click on the link and get started! https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/policy-and-politics/2017/10/2/16399418/us-guns-violence-statistics-maps-charts
2. Title: ProCon - Gun Control
Directions: Read the page and fill in the Pros/Cons organizer with notes to track your thinking. You will then star * one argument in favor of gun control AND one argument against gun control. For EACH of the starred arguments, list:
1. Reasons that support the argument
2. Counterarguments the other side would give
3. List possible rebuttals to the argument.
Click on the link and get started! https://gun-control.procon.org/